Replace One or More Missing Teeth
The community of vibrant Naperville, nearby city suburbs, and Chicagoans far and wide have many reasons to smile here in the state of Illinois. Unfortunately, patients who are missing teeth may feel as though they have to hide their smiles, and a missing tooth can take a big toll on self-confidence. Luckily, Naperville Oral Surgery & Dental Implants offers a solution that our community can depend on to replace missing teeth and restore the ability to smile with pride.
A dental implant is made up of three parts: a titanium post, a connecting abutment, and a dental crown. This type of tooth replacement option doesn’t change the contouring of your face, and no cumbersome dentures or oral appliances are needed. If you are in need of a tooth extraction in addition to having an implant placed, your oral surgeon can sometimes place an implant at the same time as the extraction. This lessens the total amount of treatment time and surgical procedures needed.
If you’re missing many teeth, you may be a candidate for an All-on-4® treatment concept procedure, which involves placing a permanent arch of teeth in your mouth that is supported on only four dental implants. Contact us to see if this procedure is an option for you.
You can read answers to common questions in our Dental Implants FAQ.
7 Amazing Benefits of Dental Implants
- Easier to eat and chew
- Creates a beautiful smile
- Improves speech
- Eliminates denture-related discomfort
- Improves confidence and self-esteem
- Lasts a lifetime with proper care
- Easy to care for
Dental Implant Precision with X-Guide™
We aim to provide exceptional services to our patients and utilize the most advanced technology available in our state-of-the-art Naperville office. X-NAV Technologies is a medical device company that develops technology to advance patient care while improving doctor productivity. The X-Guide™ incorporates cone beam scanning to deliver interactive, turn-by-turn guidance throughout the dental implant procedure.
This system features a live 360-degree view of the drill position, which will only move in the position outlined in the 3D treatment plan. The X-Guide is programmed to add precision and accuracy to the dental implant placement by calculating the exact position, angle, and depth required. You can read more about the incredible benefits of navigated surgery on X-NAV’s official website.
The Process of Getting a Dental Implant
During your consultation, we will take 3D CBCT scans of your mouth and face to determine if dental implants are right for you. Our office also utilizes advanced sterilization equipment for our surgical instruments. If you are in need of having a tooth extracted, we can discuss placing your dental implant on the same day as the extraction. We will also discuss your anesthesia and sedation options to ensure you feel comfortable and at ease during your procedure.
Every patient is different, but the dental implant process generally goes as follows:
- On the day of surgery, your oral surgeon will administer the selected form of anesthesia. When the anesthesia has taken place, your doctor will carefully move the gum out of the way where the implant is to be placed. The titanium post (implant) will be inserted with the guided assistance of our advanced X-Guide system, and sutures may be placed if needed. You will rest comfortably in our office until the anesthesia wears off and you are ready to go home. If you’ve opted for IV sedation, a responsible adult is required to be present in the office during your procedure and take you home afterward.
- After the procedure, your recovery will begin, which lasts until your implant has successfully fused with your jaw bone. This typically takes 3 to 6 months. Healing properly is crucial to the success of your implant. We will provide you with detailed instructions to guide you through the recovery process.
- When the post has fused with your jaw, your oral surgeon will check the implant and take an X-ray. If the spacer was not placed with the implant initially, the small connector piece, called an abutment, will be placed at this time. The abutment provides the necessary space for the implant crown to connect to the implant.
- Your crown will be placed by a restorative dentist, who specializes in making sure the implant matches the shape, size, and color of your other teeth.
Cost of Dental Implants and Other Questions
The cost of a dental implant varies due to a number of factors, including the number of implants that need to be placed, if bone grafting is required, if any additional extractions are needed, and the details of your insurance coverage. You can contact our office and speak with one of our skilled staff members, who will configure an accurate cost estimate for your dental implant procedure.
The value of having a dental implant placed is truly unmatched because this tooth restoration option can change the lives of others in a positive way. By restoring confidence and improving eating and speaking abilities, dental implants make it possible for many patients to love their smile again.
Hear From Dental Implant Patients
These patients can tell you about the firsthand experience undergoing dental implant treatment at our office.
Reviews From Our Dental Implant Patients
Gerianne Reviews Her Dental Implant ProcedureWatch Review
"My name is Gerianne, I’m from Naperville, Illinois, and I had a dental implant done with Dr. Foxson. I was very pleased with the environment of the office. As a nurse, I’m always looking for quality of care, an efficient process, and cleanliness in an office, and I got all of that at Dr. Foxson’s office. Dr. Foxson is kind and compassionate, and I just feel like he cares about me. The procedure went really well. I had a great experience here, and I would really recommend Dr. Foxson to anybody. It was excellent, compassionate care."
Dana Reviews Her Dental Implant ProcedureWatch Review
"Hi, I’m Dana from New Lenox. I came here for an extraction with Dr. Foxson. This office, when you walk in, I feel is very warm. It’s very inviting. Everybody has been so helpful and so nice. The staff here was great, and they walked me through everything, and they really go above and beyond to make sure that you’re comfortable, that you’re prepared for the procedure you’re about to have. Dr. Foxson is a rarity in the field. You come in and he listens to your concerns, and the procedure went seamlessly. I healed perfectly. As far as dental procedures go, it was very seamless. I had a great experience here, and I highly recommend Dr. Foxson."
Georgia Reviews Her Dental Implant ProcedureWatch Review
"Hi, I’m Georgia from Naperville, and I had an extraction and a tooth implant with Dr. Foxson. The office and staff are wonderful. They were welcoming. Dr. Foxson is kind and compassionate and caring. My procedure went great. I was comfortable throughout the entire procedure. He was kind enough to call me the night of the surgery to find out how I was doing, and I was fine. I went out smiling! It was a wonderful experience. My outcome was just amazing. For my friends and family in Naperville and Lisle, I highly recommend Dr. Foxson. I gave him an A++."