Dental Implants in Naperville, IL
Replace One or More Missing Teeth
The community of vibrant Naperville, nearby city suburbs, and Chicagoans far and wide have many reasons to smile here in the state of Illinois. Unfortunately, patients who are missing teeth may feel as though they have to hide their smiles, and a missing tooth can take a big toll on self-confidence. Luckily, Naperville Oral Surgery & Dental Implants offers a solution that our community can depend on to replace missing teeth and restore the ability to smile with pride.
A dental implant is made up of three parts: a titanium post, a connecting abutment, and a dental crown. This type of tooth replacement option doesn’t change the contouring of your face, and no cumbersome dentures or oral appliances are needed. If you are in need of a tooth extraction in addition to having an implant placed, your oral surgeon can sometimes place an implant at the same time as the extraction. This lessens the total amount of treatment time and surgical procedures needed.
If you’re missing many teeth, you may be a candidate for an All-on-4® treatment concept procedure, which involves placing a permanent arch of teeth in your mouth that is supported on only four dental implants. Contact us to see if this procedure is an option for you.
You can read answers to common questions in our Dental Implants FAQ.
7 Amazing Benefits of Dental Implants
- Easier to eat and chew
- Creates a beautiful smile
- Improves speech
- Eliminates denture-related discomfort
- Improves confidence and self-esteem
- Lasts a lifetime with proper care
- Easy to care for
Dental Implant Precision with X-Guide™
We aim to provide exceptional services to our patients and utilize the most advanced technology available in our state-of-the-art Naperville office. X-NAV Technologies is a medical device company that develops technology to advance patient care while improving doctor productivity. The X-Guide™ incorporates cone beam scanning to deliver interactive, turn-by-turn guidance throughout the dental implant procedure.
This system features a live 360-degree view of the drill position, which will only move in the position outlined in the 3D treatment plan. The X-Guide is programmed to add precision and accuracy to the dental implant placement by calculating the exact position, angle, and depth required. You can read more about the incredible benefits of navigated surgery on X-NAV’s official website.
The Process of Getting a Dental Implant
During your consultation, we will take 3D CBCT scans of your mouth and face to determine if dental implants are right for you. Our office also utilizes advanced sterilization equipment for our surgical instruments. If you are in need of having a tooth extracted, we can discuss placing your dental implant on the same day as the extraction. We will also discuss your anesthesia and sedation options to ensure you feel comfortable and at ease during your procedure.
Every patient is different, but the dental implant process generally goes as follows:
- On the day of surgery, your oral surgeon will administer the selected form of anesthesia. When the anesthesia has taken place, your doctor will carefully move the gum out of the way where the implant is to be placed. The titanium post (implant) will be inserted with the guided assistance of our advanced X-Guide system, and sutures may be placed if needed. You will rest comfortably in our office until the anesthesia wears off and you are ready to go home. If you’ve opted for IV sedation, a responsible adult is required to be present in the office during your procedure and take you home afterward.
- After the procedure, your recovery will begin, which lasts until your implant has successfully fused with your jaw bone. This typically takes 3 to 6 months. Healing properly is crucial to the success of your implant. We will provide you with detailed instructions to guide you through the recovery process.
- When the post has fused with your jaw, your oral surgeon will check the implant and take an X-ray. If the spacer was not placed with the implant initially, the small connector piece, called an abutment, will be placed at this time. The abutment provides the necessary space for the implant crown to connect to the implant.
- Your crown will be placed by a restorative dentist, who specializes in making sure the implant matches the shape, size, and color of your other teeth.
Cost of Dental Implants in Naperville
The cost of a dental implant varies due to a number of factors, including the number of implants that need to be placed, if bone grafting is required, if any additional extractions are needed, and the details of your insurance coverage. You can contact our office and speak with one of our skilled staff members, who will configure an accurate cost estimate for your dental implant procedure.
The value of having a dental implant placed is truly unmatched because this tooth restoration option can change the lives of others in a positive way. By restoring confidence and improving eating and speaking abilities, dental implants make it possible for many patients to love their smile again.
Hear From Dental Implant Patients
These patients can tell you about the firsthand experience undergoing dental implant treatment at our office.
Reviews From Our Dental Implant Patients
Pam Reviews Her Dental Implant ProcedureWatch Review
"Hi, my name is Pam. I’m from Naperville, Illinois. I had an extraction, a bone graft, and implant by Dr. Foxson. The office is very comfortable, very professional. The staff is friendly, always willing to go the extra mile to make sure that I’m comfortable. Dr. Foxson is a remarkable person as well as an oral surgeon. He put me at ease. He is compassionate. I knew from the moment that I met him that I could trust that he was going to take care of me. All of my procedures with Dr. Foxson went beautifully. The result was perfect. For my friends and family in Warrenville and Woodridge, I highly recommend Naperville Oral Surgery."
Jim Reviews His Dental Implant ProcedureWatch Review
"Hi, my name’s Jim. I live in Naperville, Illinois, and I came to see Dr. Foxson for dental implants. I found the approach of everybody to be very warm and welcoming. Dr. Foxson puts you very much at ease, so does his staff, so I knew what was going to happen. He is somebody that you can talk to very easily. After the surgery was done, that afternoon you get a call from Dr. Foxson asking you how you’re doing, and he goes through a bunch of stuff with you, so you feel like you’re not left alone. I’m now at the point where I have had four implants by Dr. Foxson. They obviously all went very well, and I’m very happy with them. After the surgery, I can’t even tell which teeth are the implants anymore. Dr. Foxson and his staff did a great job. I would wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Foxson."
Dana Reviews Her Dental Implant ProcedureWatch Review
"Hi, I’m Dana from New Lenox. I came here for an extraction with Dr. Foxson. This office, when you walk in, I feel is very warm. It’s very inviting. Everybody has been so helpful and so nice. The staff here was great, and they walked me through everything, and they really go above and beyond to make sure that you’re comfortable, that you’re prepared for the procedure you’re about to have. Dr. Foxson is a rarity in the field. You come in and he listens to your concerns, and the procedure went seamlessly. I healed perfectly. As far as dental procedures go, it was very seamless. I had a great experience here, and I highly recommend Dr. Foxson."